Commercial firms, utilities, and government organizations benefit
from GLEC’s extensive experience serving both regulatory agencies
and the regulated community. This experience allows GLEC to offer
compliance solutions with superior results while minimizing costs
and level of effort to manage environmental compliance.
GLEC has the experienced staff, equipment, and resources to
provide compliance assistance with:
- NPDES - National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System: GLEC
provides Laboratory and fi eld based research to assist clients with
meeting their NPDES permit requirements. GLEC scientists have
played a key role in assisting U.S. EPA with the development of
NDPES methods and criteria, including Toxicity identifi cation and
reduction evaluation procedures to assist in the implementation of
the EPA’s Water Quality Based approach to control toxics through
NPDES permits. GLEC staff have provided compliance
assistance for hundreds of NPDES permits.
- FERC -Federal Energy Regulation Commission: Our biologists,
monitoring systems, and field capabilities combine to assist hydro
power operators with FERC Schedule E compliance.
- NEPA - National Environmental Policy Act: Our project portfolio
includes succesful consultations for government agencies seeking
permit compliance with the NEPA Act, from preparing basic Environmental
Assessments to more complex Environmental Impact Statements.
- RCRA - Resource Conservation and Recovery Act: GLEC has assisted numerous industrial firms with meeting RCRA Corrective Action requirements, in conjunction with ecological risk assessments, and soil and groundwater quality assessments.
- CWA - Clean Water Act: When state agencies or industry are faced
with CWA standards compliance, GLEC staff can apply their extensive
experience developing national water quality criteria and
standards while assisting the regulated community meet the same
Contact: Mick DeGraeve, Senior Environmental Scientist
Click to Email 231-941-2230